Today we’re talking about a really hard topic: honoring your pet once they’ve passed on. As anyone who has lost a pet knows, you truly lose so much more than a pet, you’ve in fact lost a member of your family and your best friend, and the pain associated with this loss is oftentimes unbearable. Before we get into pet memorial ideas, here are a few things to keep in mind when it comes to losing your best furry friend:
- Set aside time to feel the pain and grieve, keeping in mind this will look different for everyone.
- Remember all the best times. Sure this sounds cliche, but you need to remind yourself of the wonderful life you gave your pet, and all they gave you in return.
- Make sure you’re taking care of yourself in the most basic ways. You still need nutritious food, plenty of water, and adequate sleep. Without these basic necessities, you’ll be feeling even less like a human during this hard time.
- If you have other living animals, maintain your routine and understand that they are not sympathetic to your emotional needs, but they are experiencing their own sadness as well.
- Our last tip, which is why we’re here today, is to memorialize your pet in some way. If you’re unsure of how to do this, keep reading for ideas.
Personalized Wind Chimes
These personalized wind chimes are perfect for memorializing your fur baby that has passed on. We really love this idea for pet owners that spent a lot of time with their pets outdoors; maybe hanging them somewhere near their favorite spot. Hopefully, this will make revisiting those favorite spots a little less heartbreaking.
Order here: Always In Your Heart Windchime ($34.97+, shop here)
Custom Pet Portrait Bracelet
If you or someone you know is experiencing the loss of a pet, this personalized pet portrait bracelet is a sweet and stylish way to remember your furry loved one. What we love most about this bracelet is that, in a way, your pet is always with you. Find yourself missing them during the day? Just look down.
Custom Pet Portrait Bracelet (26.81, shop here)
Personalized Picture Frame
This personalized picture frame allows you to choose your favorite photo, include your pet’s name, and even a favorite quote or inscription. We love the idea of keeping this frame in your home after your pet has crossed the rainbow bridge so a little bit of your fur baby is still where they belong – at home with you.
Pet Memorial Personalized Picture Frame ($28, shop here)
Okay, this one seriously pulled at our heartstrings. One of the most heart-wrenching things that have to happen once your pet has passed on is you have to decide what to keep or give away of their things; this memorial piece means holding on to a piece that would be extremely hard to part with.
Leash Memorial Frame ($36, shop here)